For all manuscripts submitted – JCEM Author recommendations
Aims and Scope
The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism may be the world’s leading peer-reviewed journal for endocrine clinical research and medical training information. Each problem provides up-to-date protection of the latest developments that enhance our comprehension of pathophysiology, diagnosis and remedy for hormonal and metabolic disorders. average popular features of unique interest include initial reports of crucial advances in patient-oriented hormonal and metabolic research, individual views on endocrinologic subjects, medical studies, medical reviews, medical practice recommendations, and instance reports.
- Clinical Research Article
- Case Report
- Page to your Editor
- Page to your Editor Response
- Reports and tips
- Clinical Practice Guideline
- Clinical Practice Guideline Meta-analysis
- Clinical Practice Guideline Systematic Review
- Clinical Practice Guideline Correspondence
- Policy Attitude
- Analysis Guide
- Scientific Statement
- Consensus Statement
The next types of articles, including preprints from recognized repositories, will undoubtedly be considered for book:
- Clinical Research Articles are original, investigative, medical studies centered on formerly unpublished information. There aren’t any top or reduced word/figure/table restrictions. All numbers and tables needs to be initial.
write my essay
- Instance Reports (not any longer available for distribution after 1, 2019) are descriptions of a case that provides insights into a condition’s pathogenesis, presentation, or management september. Manuscripts will routinely have 1,200 terms or fewer, without any a lot more than two numbers, two tables, and ten recommendations. All numbers and tables must certanly be initial.
- Mini-reviews should deal with subjects worth focusing on to medical endocrinologists and endocrine medical investigators, including scholarly updates in connection with molecular and basis that is biochemical normal physiology and condition states; the advanced in diagnosis and handling of endocrine and metabolic problems; as well as other subjects strongly related the training of medical endocrinology. An outline describing its contents, and the CVs of all authors involved unless the mini-review is formally invited by the editors or Endocrine Society staff, authors should include a prospectus with a brief narrative of the mini-review’s purpose and scope. These manuscripts can are priced between 2,000 terms to at the most 5,000 terms. Writers will include a section that is brief the search techniques used to get information when it comes to mini-review. If the writers opt for formerly posted numbers or tables, they have to proceed with the recommendations beneath the Publication Fees area.
- Meta-analyses should give attention to certain efficacies of diagnostic procedures or remedies. The presented manuscript must be based on an in-depth analytical analysis of data found by the exhaustive search of currently posted and appropriate peer-reviewed manuscripts. Submissions of the kind must consist of a plan and a statement that is narrative. There are not any restrictions on term count, wide range of numbers, or quantity of sources. All numbers and tables should be initial.
Advice and Comment
- Editorials are viewpoint articles by the journal’s Editor-in-Chief or a co-employee Editor and certainly will typically deal with a policy that is timely of high value to endocrinologists. Editorials carry no numbers or tables and now have no more than eight sources.
- Commentaries are viewpoint articles invited by the Editor-in-Chief which will examine principles and findings recently introduced in to the record that is scientific have actually excellent interest. They’ve been typically as much as 1,000 terms in total, must have a maximum of eight recommendations, and also have no figures or tables. Commentaries must not cite work that is unpublished information.
- Views provide a new standpoint on policies and generally accepted concepts and methods in endocrinology that warrant closer assessment according to really current newly posted information. They ought to cite appropriate literary works and are generally not any longer than 2,400 terms and also a maximum of 25 sources. Views must not cite unpublished work or information, and any numbers should provide just general generalizations, perhaps perhaps not brand brand new information. Figures must certanly be original. Views are submitted by invite through the Editor-in-Chief.
- Letters into the Editor should talk about just articles posted in this log, and start to become submitted within couple of years for the article’s publication that is final. Letters must be a maximum of 500 terms in total, don’t have any more than eight recommendations, and should never cite unpublished work or information. Letters is supposed to be posted in the discernment for the Editor-in-Chief. Writers of accepted letters see web page proofs before book. Just changes to fix inadvertent/introduced grammar and/or spelling inaccuracies are allowed. Regular book costs apply. No numbers or tables are permitted. The name associated with the format should be followed by the letter of “Letter towards the Editor: Title of original essay being Discussed”. When your name perhaps perhaps perhaps not follow this structure, it will be standardised by the publisher.
- Letters to your Editor reactions response to a Letter to Editor at no greater size compared to the letter that is original. Writers whose tasks are talked about in a page towards the Editor will typically be invited to offer a reply. If accepted, writers will discover web web page proofs before book. Just changes to fix inadvertent/introduced sentence structure and/or spelling inaccuracies are allowed. No numbers or tables are permitted. The name associated with the page should stick to the format of “Response to Letter into the Editor: Title of original essay being Discussed”. When your name maybe perhaps not follow this structure, it will be standardised by the publisher.
- Reports and suggestions provide a listing of the proceedings and conclusions of non-Endocrine community work teams, task forces, as well as other collaboratives. They will be susceptible to peer review and should be modifiable as a result to criticisms. They’ve been typically only 3,600 terms in total. All numbers and tables should be initial.
Endocrine Community Statements
- Clinical Practice instructions are produced by an Endocrine Society appointed task force, are evidence based, and provide graded medical training tips. They are developed with input from community committees and users.
- Clinical Practice Guideline Meta-analyses are commissioned by the Endocrine Society to give analytical analyses to help its Clinical Practice tips.
- Clinical Practice Guideline Systematic Reviews are commissioned because of the Endocrine Society because of its Clinical Practice tips. These reviews address a precise question that is clinical gathering and summarizing empirical proof that fits pre-specified eligibility requirements.
- Clinical Practice Guideline Communications are derivatives associated with the community’s Clinical Practice instructions that health supplement or touch upon developments within the condition area because the right time of book of a Guideline.
- Policy views are derived from founded community policy jobs and developed by the Advocacy & Public Outreach Core Committee with input through the account.
- Research Guides are manufactured by an specialist group that is writing input from community committees and account.
- Scientific Statements are developed by way of a writing team beneath the way of an Endocrine Society appointed seat with the aim of synthesizing research and pinpointing gaps when you look at the literature that is scientific. They are developed with input from community committees and people.
- Consensus Statements provide a thorough examination by a professional panel of the medical or medical problem which could add ungraded tips. Submitted by Endocrine Society work teams, other expert society work teams, task forces, as well as other consortia which include the Endocrine Society.
Usage of Peer Review: All submissions are susceptible to external peer review as directed by the log editors, other than (1) Endocrine Society Statements, that are evaluated because of the Endocrine Society and selected outside specialists, and (2) conference abstracts, which, whenever posted being a health health supplement to Journal associated with Endocrine Society, have now been evaluated by the Endocrine Society’s Annual Meeting Steering Committee.
Concerns? Please direct any concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Publication Fees and Start Access
To learn more about some great benefits of account into the Endocrine Society, please go to the Member pros page associated with the Endocrine Society’s web site.
Web Web Page Costs
- Endocrine Society members: $99 per PDF web page
- Non-members: $119 per PDF page
- Endocrine Society users: $235 per color figure
- Non-members: $735 per color figure
Optional Upgrade to Open Access
Writers have the choice of creating their article start Access by spending an extra $3,000 for Open Access publication, which include A cc-by license, PubMed Central full-text deposit, and free access regarding the journal web web site.
Discount for Transfers from bioRxiv
If it is published in 2019, or a 10% discount on your manuscript’s publication fees, including the CC-BY Open Access option, if it is published in 2020 if you submit your manuscript to The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism using bioRxiv’s Direct Transfer option (B2J) through Editorial Manager and it is accepted for publication, you can claim a single-use code entitling you to a $250 discount on your manuscript’s publication fees, except for the CC-BY Open Access option. To claim a price reduction, compose Antoinette P. Wrighton at email@example.com.